Radiology is a medical specialty that employs the use of imaging to both diagnose and treat disease visualized within the human body. Radiologists use an array of imaging technologies such as X-ray, radiography, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography (PET) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to diagnose or treat diseases. Interventional radiology is the performance of (usually minimally invasive) medical procedures with the guidance of imaging technologies. The acquisition of medical imaging is usually carried out by the radiographer or radiologic technologist. The radiologist then interprets or “reads” the images and produces a report of their findings and impression or diagnosis.
The initial diagnosis of disease is the first and most important step in the diagnosis and treatment planning for patients.The Radio diagnosis department of Zeus is one of the best in the city. It is well equipped to provide the full range of diagnostic imaging services , following facilities are categorically provided at our hospital :
- Computerized Radiography
- High resolution ultra-sound scanners for examination of all body regions.
- Ultrasound scanners with provision for Color Doppler imaging, ultrasound guided procedures and foetal care.
- Mobile C-Arm & Mobile X-ray
- Spiral CT scan offering whole body imaging with unique facilities for CT Angiogram, virtual bronchoscopy and colonoscopy, high resolution CT of chest and temporal bone,3D reconstruction.
- MRI (1.5 Tesla) – Modern high field – strength MRI system capable of whole body imaging, MR angiography and MR spectroscopy.
- Image- intensifier fluoroscopy for barium studies and guided procedures.
- Cath lab with DSA facility for angiography and interventions.