Dr. Alok Gupta
Director, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Zeus Gastro Institute and Research Centre, Kanpur. Plans to setup a Therapeutic GI endoscopy suite of International standards and providing state of the art facilities for patient management.
- DM(Gastroenterology) : Christian Medical College & Hospital, Vellore – Tamil Nadu, India (March 1998)
- MD(Internal Medicine) : Gandhi Medical College Barkatullah University, Bhopal (M.P.), India (September 1993)
- MBBS : Gandhi Medical College, Barkatullah University, Bhopal (M.P), India (July 1990)
- Compulsory Rotating Internship : Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India (August 1989 – August 1990)
- Junior Residency (Internal Medicine) : Gandhi Medical College Barkatullah University, Bhopal, India (August 1990 – August 1993)
- Senior Residency (Internal Medicine) : Department of Internal Medicine, Shri Moolchand & Khairati Ram Hospital & Ayurveda Research Institute, Lajpat Nagar New Delhi, India (January 1994 – June 1994)
- Senior Registrar, GI Sciences : Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore-Tamil Nadu, India (January 1995 – June 1998)
- Consultant Gastroenterologist : Regency Hospital and Nova Excel Hospital, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India (September 1999 – Till Date)
- Consultant Gastroenterologist & Endoscopist : Liver and Digestion Clinic, 117/H-1/176, Pandu Nagar Kanpur, 208005, Utar Pradesh, India (February 2008 – Till Date)
- Director, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist, Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences : Zeus Gastro Institute and Research Centre, Kanpur (July 2014 – Till Date)
- Teaching Experience
- Demonstrator : Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences Christian Medical Hospital Vellore – Tamil Nadu, India (March 1998 – April 1998)
- Lecturer : Department of Gastrointestinal Sciences Christian Medical and Hospital Vellore – Tamil Nadu, India (April 1998 – August 1999)
Research Work During Residency
- MD Thesis : Role of Intravenous Magnesium Sulphate in Prevention of Arrhythmias in Acute Myocardial Infarction – Preliminary Observations
- DM Thesis : Evaluation of Gastro Colic Response
Awards and Prizes
- A Certificate, Part I as Cadet in 1980 under the authority of Ministry of Defence, Government of India of Unit no.2 MP Air Squadron, NCC Bhopal (M.P.).
- Won second prize for the best poster presentation on Evaluation of Gastro Colic Response in the Annual meeting of the Indian Society of Gastroenterology held at Hyderabad from November 6-11, 1997.
- Won best poster award for the poster titled Intraoperative Enteroscopy in Obscure Gastrointestinal Bleeding at the Annual Conference of SGEI held at Calcutta, on November 20, 1999.
- National Conferences and Workshops
- Association of Physicians of India, MP State Chapter on 1 & 2 September, 1990.
- Annual Conference of Cardiology Society of India from 21 – 24 October 1991 Hyderabad.
- Indo American Symposium on Pulmonary Medicine 9 – 11 Dec 1991, Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal.
- 33rd Annual ISG Conference, AIIMS, New Delhi, 5 – 8 Nov 1992.
- 40th Annual conference of ISG, 17th – 20th November 1999 at Science city, Calcutta.
- Current Perspectives in Liver Diseases (CPLD) 2002, Oct 5th, 6th, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- 43rd Annual Conference of ISG , November 20th – 26th ,2002 at Cochin.
- 44th Annual Conference of ISG held at Chennai, 20th – 24th November 2003.
- 45th ISGCON Annual Conference held at Jaipur, 1st – 5th October 2004.
- 46th ISGCON Annual Conference at Vishakhapatnam, 11th – 15th November 2005.
- 47th ISGCON Annual Conference, Mumbai from 8th – 12th 2006.
- 15th Annual Conference of Indian National Association for the Study of the Liver(INASL) held at Christian Medical College, Vellore on 16th & 17th March 2007.
- Mid-term Monothematic Conference of INASL on Hepatitis B held at IMS, BHU Varanasi on 20th and 21st December 2008.
- Gastrointestinal Bleed- 2010, Midterm Meeting of SGEI on 5th September 2010, held at Kolkata.
- UPISGCON – 2010 Agra on 25th and 26th September 2010.
- 51st Anuual Conference of ISG 20th – 25th November 2010 at Hyderabad.
- Acute Liver Failure Single Theme INASL meet on 18th – 19th December 2010, Medanata, The Medicity, Gurgaon.
- International Liver Symposium 2011 at Medanta Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine 26th – 28th August 2011.
- 53rd Annual ISGCON 28th November – 2nd December, 2012 held at Jaipur.
- Endoscopy Workshops
- International Workshop on Therapeutic GI Endoscopy held on Nov 10th and 11th 1997 in Hyderabad.
- 2nd International Live Workshop on Therapeutic GI Endoscopy held on 10th and 11th July 1999, Coimbatore.
- First Indo – US Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Workshop, Calcutta held on 21st – 22nd November, 1999 (jointly organised by ISG, SGEI in association with American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy).
- Theraupeutic Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Workshop held on 13th and 14th March 1999 at All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), New Delhi.
- 2nd International workshop on Therapeutic Gastrointestinal endoscopy, Feb 1st, 2nd and 3rd 2000 at Mumbai.
- Therapeutic ERCP Course, Nov 1, 2003, Shri Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
- 10th Annual Conference of Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India and Advanced Gastrointestinal Endoscopy workshop, 20th – 22nd February 2009 Hyderabad.
- International Conferences and Workshops
- Asia Pacific Association for Study of Liver Diseases (APASL) 2005, Bali, Indonesia.
- World Congress of Gastroenterology September 10th -14th , 2005 Montreal, Canada.
- Digestive Disease Week (DDW) May 19-24, 2006 Washington, DC (U.S.A.)
- Asian Pacific Digestive Week (APDW) 13th – 16th September, 2008, New Delhi, India.
- World Congress of Gastroenterology (WCOG), 2009, London (U.K.)
- 18th United European Gastroenterology Week 23rd – 27th, Oct 2010, Barcelona, Spain.
- Asian Pacific Digestive Week 2011 1st – 4th October, Singapore.
- European Association for study of Liver Diseases (EASL), April 2012, Barcelona Spain.
- Therapy of Hepatitis ‘C’ – Clinical Application and Drug Development, 14th – 16th, September 2012, Prague, Czech Republic.
- European Association for study of Liver Diseases (EASL) – 24th – 28th April 2013, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 21st UEGW, September 2013, Berlin, Germany.
- Mid-term 2009 INASL 2009 Space Occupying Lesions in Liver : The Way Forward held on 5th & 6th Sep 2009 at India Habitat Centre New Delhi.
- Programme Director, Gastroenterology and Hepatology section, IMACGP ,2005, 2010, 2013, 2014.
- ENDOCON 2013, 14th Annual Conference of SGEI 1st – 3rd March 2013 at Medanta, The Medicity Gurgaon.
- 2nd Annual Meeting of The South Asian Association for The Study of the Liver (SAASL), Advances in Hepatology – What should a Clinician know?, 6th & 7th September 2014, New Delhi.
- UPISGCON Annual Conference 2008, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur.
Interests, Skills, Activities
Actively involve in various IMA & patient management related events. Have keen interest in Therapeutic Interventional GI Endoscopy and Pancreatobilliary endotherapy. Have successfully performed a variety of procedures like TTS Pyloric Balloon Dilation, Achalasia Dilatation, Difficult bile duct stone endotherapy, Pancreatic pseudocystogastrostomy, Accessory duct papillotomy etc.